Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Pancakes don't belong in your ears.

The weekend was long and lovely. Unfortunately it did not contain proper amounts of sleep. That makes for a tough work week. Today I am inconsolably irritable. It is the kind of irritability that sits in my belly and shows in my face. For those who know me in person this happens rarely, but when it does steer clear.

I try to breathe deeply and not let it affect my tasks of the day. I try to wash it from my face with a forced smile, but alas I cannot muster even the fakest of grins.

My work is not helping. My work is not napping and screaming and crying and yelping for no ostensible reason. My solution? After deep breaths and personal pep talks don't work, I blog about it. Hmm what an age we've arrived at, yet somehow I feel better already.

I'm still trying to settle into the new place, but that brings about a whole new cauldron of stresses. I have yet to find a place where I can sit down and write without being distracted. This makes me nervous. I cannot be supernanny beyond a year. It's grad-school or bust. I try to imagine myself doing other things besides writing and teaching. The only thing I can see myself doing is farming. Guess who doesn't know the first thing about running a farm? That's right it's your very own Ms. Unicorn.

sigh.

2 comments:

Grad School Reject said...

My first real job as a kid was on a watermelon and cantaloupe farm. I'll tell you everything I know....but I don't know how helpful that will be.

The Last Unicorn said...

Oh gee, that's neat! Or was it horrible? Were their huge melon bugs!?

Why couldn't the watermelon and the honey dew get married? The family said they CAN'T A Loupe... get it? I just made that up.

*cough, is this thing on?