Saturday, August 04, 2007

laconic

What is this tormenting and restive feeling? I can't seem to shake it, but I feel a sense of dread coming about. I am my mother's child in the respect that, sometimes I like things just so, and when my hopes are dashed I'm hard pressed to recover.

BaD Habit
That nasty old villain distance is plaguing me once again.

I broke down, couldn't wait for Amazon. Bought a book. Life is more interesting when I'm reading. It's shaping up to be one of those books; You know, the ones that leak their atmosphere into your own. Maybe that's why I feel so weird. I mean it could very well have just been my weekend location, but the foggy nature of the book (Umberto Eco's The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana) didn't help. I remember when I was studying abroad and reading (one of my favorite books of all time) Love in the Time of Cholera, I got all tragic and romantically wistful about me and Tee's across the ocean relationship. Then I got home and realized if we'd stayed together we probably would have killed one another! It was all the work of the book, keeping some magic alive!

I don't know. Also, it would appear as if my time is moving at a disproportionate speed to everyone elses clock. I feel like I'm Ms. Hurry up and Wait, and then hurry some more.

*Blah

No comments: