Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A little bit of calm

Reading till the words get blurry. Writing till the words get silly.
An academic hush. Responsible. Mostly.
Take care of yourself they say: sleep and food and happiness.
I'm allright at all three, but there's always room for improvement.

My dad always tells me that if I want to be successful and have a life full of variety (when I'm older) don't:
Drink, smoke, or have sex until you are done with school.

I don't know about that (I love my papi, he means well), BUT I do know I have committed two of those variety squelching sins, and it's only Wednesday!
GASP!
Hopefully I will still be experiencing new things when I'm forty.

I have beautiful people in my life. That's nice. Real nice. I wish time could slow down just a tiny bit, so I can enjoy it a little more. Calm. I think it's the kind after the storm, which is nice.

I overheard this very serious conversation the other day:
"I need a magic bullet."
"Why? To kill werewolves?"
"No, to quickly blend things."

It made me giggle for minutes. Keep warm. Think warm. Cover your extremities. And remember no matter what your daddy says "Variety is the spice of life."

oh yeah, you should get involved in local politics too ...

No comments: