Sunday, July 29, 2007

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!



That's supposed to be cartoon me ... dashing no? It is very late (considering I must wake at 5:15), and for some reason I am drinking coffee and messing around on the computer in lieu of sleeping. Man oh man life is really starting to get interesting.

Today I was walking along a city street; The heat was unbearable and so was my attitude. I couldn't stop thinking about the future in terms of the past. My ankles were sore, and my skin was beginning to burn. After I thought that I could take it no more, I came upon the tiniest orange tree I had ever seen. It was growing out of a cement side-walk crack on the corner of Kimball and St. Louis. The oranges were no bigger than my thumb, and the tree itself barely reached my knees. We both got stung by wasps.

Apartment hunting went smashingly. Move-in isn't till the end of time, so I will complain often, but half-hearted. What doesn't kill me will give me plenty of time to read and make me more appreciative of the good times. I just ordered three books from Amazon... a little something to balance out the drone of GRE preparation ... mmm, poetry, time-travel, and dueling with wind mills!

2 comments:

Grad School Reject said...

Damn it, damn it, damn it - you mention ordering 3 books and you don't give titles?!?! :) *Ahem* What I mean is - Which books did you choose? I'm reading _The Traveler_ right now, which has surprised me by completely sucking me in. Not usually my style of fiction - but this one has me hooked.

The Last Unicorn said...

Ha ha, oh you: Here we go,
1) The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
2) Don Quixote
3) The Resurrection of the Body and the Ruin of the World by Paul Guest

and just now I added Of Love and Demons, By Gabriel Garcia Marquez (because he is my favorite of all time).
There are you happy? tehee