Saturday, June 22, 2013

Guilty as Charged

Really interesting article about texting nuances.
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/03/dragging-it-out/309220/

At one point in my life I was the person who hated texting.  Now, I'm an expert.  Scratch that, if I had a dollar for every time I texted the wrong person or thigh dialed someone, well I would have many dollars!  Texting is still largely a pain in the ass, but the ethnography surrounding the language is interesting.  In a short decade an entire culture has adapted to most of the rules and mores of a vile cross between the written word and an "unspoken" language.  Can't live with it, and well can't really live with out it.  Mainly, because I would not want to spend as much time on the phone as I do texting.

My current text "isms"

Oh noesss.
Shyeah.
Yesssssss!
Thaaaaanks dude!
No probs.
Also, the whole question behind, how quickly one should or should not respond to a given text.

Is there an age limit on this kind of admittedly obnoxious communication??

No comments: