Friday, May 06, 2011

Sunday Smile, New Nostalgia


For the last four years I've been feeling like I've been living in at least two different places. It's been a little much, at times, on the brain. This weekend puts me in a home with kind people and closer to the ones I love and love to spend time with. Lately my brain has been filled with fear and nostalgia, a place I don't like to spend time brooding in. I'm excited to be excited about life. I'm excited to inhabit spaces instead of just filling them.

How did I let myself get so wrapped up in the unimportant?

The first youtube comment below this video:

"It's because it captures, and preserves the brevity of those mornings or afternoons that are like gifts - the unplanned ones where, miraculously, you aren't working for once and go to the pub and sit outside with friends. It's the atmosphere that flashes open years later in November up to your eyeballs with work and with nobody to hand and you remember the beautiful fragility of that sunlight."

No really, Carpe Diem.





No comments: