Friday, February 19, 2010

Tip of Da Tongue Catch All

Yo. I had so many starts of posts and big thoughts this week, but instead I'll just give some freckles and fragments cuz it's my blog and not too many people read it anyway and the ones who do probably don't care if I make too much sense.

What is worse for the environment: Eating meat/dairy or using as much "disposable" plastic as the average American uses in a day?

A revelatory thought I had this week that was prompted by a documentary I watched that scared the bejeezus out of me: Both religion and corporations are a top down ordered system. Efficient assuming no one questions the chain of command/deviates from the norm.

Intermission:

Also, Mad Men, watch it and let's discuss. An accurate snapshot of my country circa 1960, so discomforting I'm not sure I can stomach it, we really have come a long way folks and thank goodness for that. I may or may not have put my head (or my husbands) in the oven if I was forced to live like that. Though it makes more sense why rich white men feel so entitled and why they are willing to lie cheat and steal to maintain such a sweet way of life.

Why does adding an asterisk in my search phrase "help"?

RadioLab is my new favorite thing to listen to while doing manual labor. Check out emergence and stochasticity two of my faves. I can't wait to listen to the one on laughter, my favorite thing to do.

Tiger Woods has no one to apologize to except his wife and the harem of women he's been leading around, not the rest of the world.

This is what I've been looking at every night before I fall asleep. Do you know where your cribriform plate is? I could show you.

In summation: Why does broccoli (that is a hard word to spell btw) have to make me so gassy?

2 comments:

Neato! said...

1. I don't care if you never make sense ever again. It's all good to me.
2. Watch Revolutionary Road. It's pretty funny in a "I'm laughing cause I'm uncomfortable while my friends fight in public" sort of way.
3. ...Well I don't have a 3.

The Last Unicorn said...

1. Thank you kindly sir.
2. Watched and read the book, it's like a cautionary tale right? I didn't laugh much, but I did feel uncomfortable a lot.
3. I miss you, let's hang out soon for real kiiiid!