Sunday, March 29, 2009

Haunted Graffiti

I had no faith among the believers.
I was lost at the big tent revival.
I had spring fever. I woke up to snow.
I would be lying if I said I didn't like it.
I would be a liar if I said I enjoyed it.

I was an unbeliever among the faithful.
A lonely company to keep.

On Ariel Pink:
I had drank too much. Maybe not enough? I just couldn't get over how many of his fans (NOT T. thank goodnass) pawed at him so reaching out to stroke his face, to catch a single drop of his holy sweat. It was weird. I'm not saying it was awful, but I just don't get "it." I felt like I've seen his character in ghost forms, supercilious sentimentality with a crust of pretentious poverty and I wasn't impressed. Empirically Ariel Pink is a very sweet man though, and his back up band Haunted Graffitti is pretty damn great. But I'm no critic, so dig it for yourself.

I had fun though. Malt liquor and best friends and familiar faces in dark and unfamiliar, well you know the rest, can't beat it. I miss wasting all my money on shows. Anyway you slice it music stimulates, and that's never a completely bad thing.

Here's some of that:


On his songs:
"It's sad because it's happiness from something that no longer exists."
- Ariel Pink

No comments: