Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Part Deux

My family is notorious for not really caring about the holidays.  I've always set my standards pretty low so I won't get disappointed (I should stop that habit, but that's a whole 'nother post).  My holidays are usually supplemented by my boyfriend's and my best friend's family which more than fill my holiday quota.  This year's Christmas was super weird and I tried to be all cool and not care, but truth be told I was a little bummed this year.  No boyfriend, so no boyfriend's family to make me feel all warm and loved.  No sister, cause she's mid life crisis(ing).  Work on Christmas day so no best friend family to stuff me full of food and ask me medical questions.  I think the highlight of my holiday was probably falling asleep with my lil sis in her bed watching Garden State.  We were bummed together and talked about the forward momentum of time and how things are always changing so you really have to just enjoy it while it's happening and try not to dwell on the change.  I'm getting better about this.  But sometimes I don't want to.  I got to stop acting like a brick when I'm really just a cushy pillow.

Luckily last night A. brought over pheasants he hunted that morning (wut) and we had an impromptu Victorian Christmas that unexpectedly turned into a party full of people that made me feel all warm and fuzzy and full of good vibes.  I hope it's an indicator of NYE and the year ahead.

No comments: