Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Year in Review

2012 was a bumpy rocky stretch of time peppered with tiny but mighty rays of light throughout.  I lost a lot this year, but, at the risk of sounding cheezmo, I gained so much.  As my most important relationship to date came to a close I chose to explore my self in ways I never really could before.  Sometimes I wasn't very happy with those explorations, but they all led me to somewhere new.  I learned a lot about sucking it up and just doing it (whatever IT is) this year.

I met some people who really inspired me to change my life and who changed my life by just allowing me into their world.  I took trips! I made tough decisions!  I was present when I didn't really want to be.  I said no, which for me is one of the hardest things to do.  I also, said yes, which is only slightly easier (haha).  I hope to keep up my spirit for adventure.

I'm not under the impression that 2013 will be easy, but as a result of the rigors of 2012, I believe I'm better equipped to handle whatever is thrown my way.  I'm poised for more change and discovery.  I don't think I'd change much about 2012, except for all the people that left me too soon.  Well, maybe my car hood flying off and depleting my savings, but there are lessons in that too, ha ha. I feel like a new woman.

I would like to give cycling and the great people and challenges that go with it an honorable mention.  I'm not so sure I would have come through the tail end of this tough year nearly as content without my bike. Cycling is a deep well I am only beginning to dip into.  As a thanks my top new years resolution is to ride every single day in 2013.  My other resolutions?

1) Prioritize.  I have always sucked at this.
2) Make more, consume less.
3) Give yourself the credit you deserve.
4) Do things with more intention. (this one is so vague but it means a lot to me)
5) FINISH NURSING SCHOOL!

No comments: