Friday, February 04, 2011

High and Low

It's Friday. This has been a long and dubious week. Thunder snow, freezing temps, and two snow days in a row! If I was a kid this week would have been awesome. Today, I'm meeting with ResU's counselor, hopefully they will tell me that school will only take sixteen more months and that the D I got in my math class will transfer in and I won't have to retake it. Hopefully they'll tell me they are really excited to have me as a student and I can totally get a scholarship and night classes start at a reasonable hour. Reasonable enough to hold a day job, that is. I've got high hopes, and like I said, my optimism is gaining momentum.

Either way, I get to go to a brunch dance party tomorrow with friends and loved ones, and I'm totally stoked. I also get to hang out with S.'s Dad, which is always an adventure! Goodtimes.
In really unfortunate news: According to an article on nonpartisan news site Congress.org, "For the second year in a row, the U.S. military has lost more troops to suicide than it has to combat in Iraq and Afghanistan." That's not counting veterans and certain types of reservists. I feel like I could say a lot here but the stat. speaks for itself. I have a lot of veterans and active military in our family and those numbers really strike a chord with me. Wars aren't good for anyone.

Make your weekend count!

No comments: