Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hollywood Taoism

This weekend was long, lovely and exhausting. I'm still slinking out of it. In a few days I'm moving out of the city. I guess I had failed to mention it to most people. You can find me in the suburbs this summer, and then off to Normal. Yes, I'm moving back. And no I don't have a plan save for not having to say goodbye to S. all the darn time. I'll still be working in the city so I won't completely disappear into obscurity.

Making these decisions has been tough. Some people think I'm foolish, but I don't care. I know I'll be worlds happier. I'm going to miss living with my best friend, yes, but this will be the busiest time of her life so I am sure it will work out better. This way I won't guilt her into hanging out with me when she has a big paper due!

I still can't quite grasp the idea of distance and relationships. Not just the obvious romantic relationship (although that brings its own set of weights and measures). Sometimes it does't seem fair. Will life always be about balancing an equation of time, distance, and emotions? Is it selfish to say this is what I need to do at the expense of those you love? Or would it be wrong to deny your self your heart's desires?

Oh life was easy when all the decisions were being made for you, but that wouldn't be any fun.

I suppose I'm trying to make the best of all of the above. I might drive myself crazy, but it was bound to happen anyway right?

Here is a quick link to finish off a lanquid post: Lovely quasi-politico, always hilarious guerilla theater. I had the privilege of attending on Friday, and I can't wait to go back!

No comments: