Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bohemian House

I just finished my first semester of nursing school. Like just now. Wow. Some things I did not think I was capable of:

1) Poop showers.
2) Changing a "brief" of a man twice my height and three times my weight.
3) Not getting depressed about being old, when I'm surrounded by smoldy oldies six hours a day.
4) Consistently waking up at 5 am and not losing my mind, stethoscope, or important paper work.

Guess who conquered all three of those? Uh huh, your old friend Last Unicorn. As I walked off the floor for the last time, I got a little sad, who's going to remind Little Sweden to not eat so fast? Who is going to laugh at No way Jose's terrible jokes? My clinical instructor told me that you'll always remember your first patients. I hate to get all sentimental, but she's totally right.

In six weeks I went from a sweaty stressful mess to a competent confident sweaty nurse in training. Ayy! I can't wait to conquer some more mountains, but I sure will enjoy this break! Maybe I'll even have time to post some more!

No comments: