Monday, August 02, 2010

Anglo Saxon Disease! Get Vaccinated!

This is one of the smartest ways I've ever seen sharpies used in my entire life.
Xposted from Social Design Notes. The others are great too! Watch them here.

I also have a desk now, so I'd like to think that my output will be far greater than in the past months. I mean I'm writing now aren't I? Speaking of writing, a few call to words:

Constraint: 100 words about sex that don't include words about sex!

Also, my old friend Edwin is putting out a Journal of short prose poems called Drupe Fruits. Email me for extended details, but this is the jist, open to all creative souls:

"This is a call for short prose poems of no more than 175 words to appear in a journal entitled “drupe fruits”. feel free to play around within the paragraph medium, indent or don’t, break paragraphs conventionally or unconventionally, you know... do your thing.

The appeal to the form comes from its narrative possibility coupled with its poetic thrift and attention, its acknowledgement of the paragraph as self-fullfilling and innately distilled, and for an acknowledgment of the natural cadence and musicality of language without line breaks, and blank space common of poetic work.

Please send 1-5 pieces to plumperries@gmail.com, along with a very short and lively bio of no more than two sentences. submissions due by sept. 15th, 2010 for issue #1.
"

Do it, you won't?

KSJ, doesn't my new template remind you of My Life Without Me? That's why I chose it. <3




6 comments:

n said...

Well obviously we need to be attacked by a psychic squid built by the smartest man in the world.

Jds said...

I too am an aspiring writer toiling in anonymity. SOLIDARITY!

Anonymous said...

That's a great video, thanks!

The Last Unicorn said...

Jds: Thanks, but to be a toiling writer I should probably be actually writing. Therein lies the problem. I can't count this blog, but keep up the goodfight!

Toemailer: Thanks.

Rohan: Put me in a videogame.

gorta-no-more said...

Totally! I love the new look!

The Last Unicorn said...

I love YOUR new look, er ... let's hang soon. <3's x's a pillion.