Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Great Escape

I got a call today.

Brief transcript:

Do you support forcing the military to work in the field, housed in the barracks, submarines etc. with homosexuals?

The question was more of a statement. I started yelling in the phone and then a polite robot said, "If you don't answer Yes, No, or I don't know into the phone the survey will end. I quickly said Yes, but I thought damn, in what way is this "survey" going to be used? Am I going to show up on fox news in their little pie graph. 2% other or some shit? And why didn't they ask me if I support forcing the gay military to work with bigots?

I am getting antsy again. I need to get out of this state for a while. I need to go out and do something. I get a little nervous when I get squirrely. I can't center myself. Everything gets distorted in my little peanut head.

I need a little adventure that won't get me into trouble.

2 comments:

The Memoirs of Anastasia said...

Just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say I agree wholeheartedly with this post. I cannot believe they would word it that way!

The Last Unicorn said...

Thanks! I spied your blog and that means a lot coming from a military wife! Great blog btw!