Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Equilibrium

Last night I was dozing off to the sweet sounds of The Office and this name kept popping into my head randomly. I was familiar with the name, but I couldn't place what the heck it was from. I fell asleep saying it to myself. It was really fucking weird. Not to mention slightly annoying because I couldn't put a face or location to this name.

This afternoon I went outside to catch some rays and grabbed a book I started and then put down a couple of weeks ago. Lo and behold the name appears. For some reason I was shocked to see this name my lips couldn't help but speak printed on the page. The character was introduced some ten pages back before I put down the book weeks ago. It makes sense that my mind would recall it, but why did it push through my subconscious and bully my conscious mind into invoking it with breath?

I'm still baffled by it. I mean, if your mind plays a trick on you it has never played before do you perk up and listen or do you cast it off in nonchalance? I'm never one to underestimate the power of randomness, but this weirds me out. Was it the book or the character or just the name that piqued my subconscious/conscious mind?

By the way, the book is not the bible ha ha.

3 comments:

scott. said...

leviticus 4:14

scott. said...

i tried to make a divine biblical guess. apparently i was wrong, unless you hung out at the tent of meeting with a dead bull this week.

"When they become aware of the sin they committed, the assembly must bring a young bull as a sin offering and present it before the Tent of Meeting."

n said...

sometimes when I get a stiffy with my pants on... I call it the tent of meeting.

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT QUOTE.

I'm kidding, I don't get boners.