Friday, November 23, 2007

Holiday (as sung by Madonna)

The older you get, the weirder family gatherings feel.

Once, at Thanksgiving, my Aunt made me clean dog poo off her shoe. Now she has a MySpace account. Nothing about my family life makes sense to me.

This year's festivities were strangely normal. Strange.

I don't need a special day to say I'm thankful for what I have, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to give an extra shout out. So here goes:
I am tremendously thankful for all that I have (tangible and otherwise). I've come a long way in the past couple of years and that's because I have lovely people in my life who are willing to put up with my bouts of tyranny. I am thankful for trees and music, art and new experiences, food and bravery. Ahhh you get the picture.

Life isn't always easy, but when we help each other sometimes it doesn't seem so hard.

No comments: